Rights and Humanity has pleasure in inviting you to celebrate the UN International Day of Peace with a Conference on “Sustainable Peace for a Sustainable Future: What Can WE do?”
Join us for a day of inspirational sessions led practitioners working on the cutting edge of peace building in Syria, Africa and elsewhere and explore your own contribution to sustainable peace.
Date: Friday 21st September 2012
Place: The Light’, Rights and Humanity’s conference venue in the iconic Royal Liver Building, Liverpool, L3 1HU.
Optional Film viewing: 18.15 – 19.15
Ticket Price: £35; Concessions £20.
Refreshments and vegetarian lunch included
Confirmed Speakers Include:
– Dr Scilla Elworthy, Founder, Peace Direct; Advisor to Sir Richard Branson, Peter
Gabriel and Archbishop Tutu on the establishment of The Elders.
– Mr William Morris, Secretary General, Next Century Foundation, currently engaged in peace efforts in Syria.
– Professor Julia Häusermann MBE, Founder and President of Rights and Humanity, builder of bridges of peace and understanding in areas of conflict.
– Mr Vijay Mehta, Chair, Uniting for Peace, President, Mehta Centre, author “The Economics Of Killing: How The West Fuels War And Poverty In The Developing World”.
– Mr Anthony Russell, Social commentator, author of ‘Evolving the Spirit – From Democracy to Peace’.
– Ms Ginger Gilmour, Artist, whose work enlightens the spirit and moves the soul.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org . Book early to secure your place.
Payment in advance please by credit or debit card by telephone: 0151 236 2426