Rights and Humanity has pleasure in inviting you to celebrate the UN International Day of Peace with a Conference on “Sustainable Peace for a Sustainable Future: What Can WE do?”
Join us for a day of inspirational sessions led practitioners working on the cutting edge of peace building in Syria, Africa and elsewhere and explore your own contribution to sustainable peace.
Date: Friday 21st September 2012
Place: The Light’, Rights and Humanity’s conference venue in the iconic Royal Liver Building, Liverpool, L3 1HU.
Optional Film viewing: 18.15 – 19.15
Ticket Price: £35; Concessions £20.
Refreshments and vegetarian lunch included
Confirmed Speakers Include:
– Dr Scilla Elworthy, Founder, Peace Direct; Advisor to Sir Richard Branson, Peter
Gabriel and Archbishop Tutu on the establishment of The Elders.
– Mr William Morris, Secretary General, Next Century Foundation, currently engaged in peace efforts in Syria.
– Professor Julia Häusermann MBE, Founder and President of Rights and Humanity, builder of bridges of peace and understanding in areas of conflict.
– Mr Vijay Mehta, Chair, Uniting for Peace, President, Mehta Centre, author “The Economics Of Killing: How The West Fuels War And Poverty In The Developing World”.
– Mr Anthony Russell, Social commentator, author of ‘Evolving the Spirit – From Democracy to Peace’.
– Ms Ginger Gilmour, Artist, whose work enlightens the spirit and moves the soul.
RSVP to email@example.com . Book early to secure your place.
Payment in advance please by credit or debit card by telephone: 0151 236 2426
Everything Uniting for Peace does, every person whose life is improved or saved, stems from an act of generosity that’s purely voluntary. You don’t have to donate. That’s why it’s so extraordinary when you do.