On 4th December, 2015 at Mist Lounge Peace Hall, London, Global Diversity Peace centre hosted a peace conference of leaders. The title was very timely which was tackling Terrorism and Extremism and promoting ways to reduce them and bring peace, harmony and social cohesion in the society.
Vijay Mehta, was one of the keynote speakers and in his speech, he explored violence, extremism, terrorism and laid out solutions in which peace can be harnessed. There were guests speakers from different faiths, police and grassroots campaigners. It was a good networking opportunity to explore a very important issue.
The following distinguished guests made contributions to the debate:
Presented by Global Peace Adviser & Founder of Global Diversity Peace Centre London Mr. M.S.Elahi along with
– Crd. Mak Chishty, (Commander of Metropolitan Police at Scotland Yard London)
– Secretary General Universal Peace Federation Mr. Robin Marash
– Minister Emanuel Church London & Director of Faithful Friends Inter-Faith Leaders Forum Reverend Dr. Chiki Chigor
– Chair of Uniting for Peace UK & Author Mr. Vijay Mehta
– Global Representative of Minhaj-ul-Quran International & Peace Ambassador Shyikh Prof. Saqid Qureshi
– President of International Peace & Prosperity Forum UK Mr. Shokat Ali
– The First British Asian Women Mayor of UK, Mrs. Mehar Khan
– Social & Corporate Leader of the UK & USA, Philanthropist, & Global Peace Ambassador Mr. Naeem Malik
– Community Peace Activist Cllr Paul Sathiyanesan
Read Vijay Mehta’s speech here.